Thursday, September 18, 2008

1st GRADE--Jim Dine Hearts

The first grade students learned about the artist Jim Dine through a power point. They learned that he is a living artist who was born in Ohio, but now lives in Europe. We talked about symbols and how people all over the world recognize what a heart is. We looked at different examples of Jim Dine’s work with hearts in them. We reviewed what abstract art is and also reviewed different lines and shapes. Students were able to repeat hearts in their artwork and then they had to choose two different lines and shapes to create patterns in their background.




5 comments:

  1. What did you use to do this project with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Markers for coloring in the hearts, watercolor for the background, and then overlapped marker ontop of the watercolor once it was dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I am anew teacher and I saw your lesson but I don't understand how to explain to 1st grade about this artist; I mean what the useful information for them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean also we have to put learning objectives
    so what I have to write in this lesson for 1st grade?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete